About the Trip
Best Winter Trek Of The Mighty Himalayas!
Kedarkantha trek is considered among the best winter trek in the country. Kedarkantha is a majestic Himalayan peak located in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand at an elevation of 3812 meters above sea level. The snow remains here till the month of April, which makes it so popular unlike other winter treks.
The trek starts from a small village Sankri, hike through dense forests of oak and Rhododendron, a frozen lake or Talab midway and finally a hike to the summit in snowy and chilly conditions. The prominent Himalayan peaks namely Bandarpoonch, Kalanag, Swargarohini, etc are visible from the summit of Kedarkantha.
Highlights of Trip
- Best Snow Trek which is accessible in the whole winter.
- It gives you a feeling of climbing a Himalayan peak without any much hassle.
- One of the best snow peaks to climb for beginners.
- Beautiful campsites of Juda ka Talab and Kedarkantha base camp
- Snow laden trails from the very first day
- The view from the summit is mesmerizing where everything looks below your feet.
- The sunrise from the Kedarkantha peak is one of the best.