KEDARKANTHA TREKKING Trip
Best Winter Trek Of The Mighty Himalayas!
Kedarkantha trek is considered among the best winter trek in the country. Kedarkantha is a
majestic Himalayan peak located in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi district of
Uttarakhand at an elevation of 3812 meters above sea level. The snow remains here till the
month of April, which makes it so popular unlike other winter treks. The trek starts from a small
village Sankri, hike through dense forests of oak and Rhododendron, a frozen lake or Talab
midway and finally a hike to the summit in snowy and chilly conditions. The prominent
Himalayan peaks namely Bandarpoonch, Kalanag, Swargarohini etc are visible from the summit
- Best Snow Trek which is accessible in the whole winter.
- It gives you a feeling of climbing a Himalayan peak without technical climbing
- One of the best snow peaks to climb for beginners.
- Beautiful campsites of Juda ka Talab and Kedarkantha base camp
- Snow laden trails from the very first day
- The view from the summit is mesmerizing where everything looks below your
- The sunrise from the Kedarkantha peak is one of the best
Pick up from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:30 AM. Dehradun is well connected with
Delhi through railway and road route. Overnight Buses and Trains are available.
- A 200 km drive to Sankri Via Mussoorie, Kempty Falls, Netwar & Purola.
- Arrival at Sankri village by evening, Check in Guest house/Hotel. Dinner and rest at the
guesthouse/hotel. Quick introduction and briefing about the trek
Trek to Juda Ka Talab campsite after breakfast.
- The trail is of easy to moderate ascend passing through dense forests of Oak &
Rhondendrone Arrival at Juda Ka Talab campsite followed by lunch and rest in the
- The Tal remains frozen during the winter season and a great sight to watch.
- Evening refreshments, Group Activities and dinner at the campsite.
- Overnight stay in the camps
Trek to Kedarkantha Base Camp from Juda Ka Talab after breakfast.
- Arrival at base camp around lunch
- An evening acclimatization walk followed by evening refreshments. Early dinner and rest
in the camps.
Early morning Trek to Kedarkantha Peak at 4 AM after light breakfast.
- Steepy and moderate climb of 3.5 km with level walks in between.
- Carry at least 1-2 litres of water individually as the trail is deprived of water points.
- Packed lunch at the summit point of the trek.
- Descend back to Hargaon Base camp from the peak.
- Refreshments and evening snacks after arriving at base camp.
- Dinner and rest in Camps.
Descend down to Sankri Village from Hargaon camp after breakfast at Hargaon camp
- Lunch and Night Stay in Sankri
- After breakfast Drive to Dehradun from Sankri village, a 200 km drive via Netwar,
Purola, Kempty Falls & Mussoorie.
- Expected arrival at Dehradun will be 9 P.M
Places to visit on the trip
Trip Rules, Inclusions and Exclusions
25% At the time of Booking (Non-Refundable)
75% 1 Day before Trip Begins
Non Payment Leads to Cancellation
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.
- A backpack
- 1-litre water bottle
- Sweater/Warm Jacket
- One pair of thermals
- One cotton long sleeves and
1 short sleeve t-shirt
- Comfortable Clothes as per
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 long pants (trek
pants and cargo pants are
- 2 sets of undergarments
- Extra Carry Bags to keep
- A pair of sunglasses
- Caps or hats
- A small towel
waterproof and breathable
hiking boots with good grip
- 2 pair of socks
- Glucose powder
- Medicines for headaches,
diarrhoea, motion sickness
- Energy bars/snacks
- Toothpaste, toothbrush
- Personal toiletries and
- Insect repellent
- Paper soap, or sanitizer
- Sunscreen minimum of
spf40+ , lip balm, cold
- Body spray
- LED torch light
As per Policy of GoChill Trips
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
All applicable refunds will be done in the traveller’s bank account.