Kedarkantha trek is considered among the best winter trek in the country. Kedarkantha is a
majestic Himalayan peak located in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary of Uttarkashi district of
Uttarakhand at an elevation of 3812 meters above sea level. The snow remains here till the
month of April, which makes it so popular unlike other winter treks. The trek starts from a small
village Sankri, hike through dense forests of oak and Rhododendron, a frozen lake or Talab
midway and finally a hike to the summit in snowy and chilly conditions. The prominent
Himalayan peaks namely Bandarpoonch, Kalanag, Swargarohini etc are visible from the summit
- Best Snow Trek which is accessible in the whole winter.
- It gives you a feeling of climbing a Himalayan peak without technical climbing
- One of the best snow peaks to climb for beginners.
- Beautiful campsites of Juda ka Talab and Kedarkantha base camp
- Snow laden trails from the very first day
- The view from the summit is mesmerizing where everything looks below your
- The sunrise from the Kedarkantha peak is one of the best